This documents a draft design and plan for the Yo Goa! Card and mobile app.
A ‘business card’ was issued to many of the GOA NSW Youth at the first annual Youth anniversary dance in 2013 as a means of promotion of our events. This card has been steadily distributed since at both Youth (YOUCOM) and Executive Committee (EXCOM) functions, to youth and their parents. It was also slightly altered at the SFX feast 2013/2014 as a seasons greetings card from the youth to younger children, however continued to advertise the youth group on the reverse side of the card.
A long-term concern of both the YOUCOM and the EXCOM is increasing and growing youth participation. Attendance at formal functions is generally tracked through the pre-purchase of tickets for the event however a record of youth attendance is generally not recorded for free events or ‘pay-on-the-day’ events such as Bowling, Karaoke or picnics. These events generally welcome in a variety of youth, including members, non-members and their friends. The YOUCOM and EXCOM both share the vision of encouraging these individuals to attend the larger, more profitable functions, namely the annual dances and Feast of St Francis Xavier.
Further to this, many youth that are either regular or infrequent attendees of YOUCOM and EXCOM functions are members by virtue of their parents being members. As such, these ‘members’ don’t have a formal means of tracking their attendance. Whilst we endeavour all our youth members to be actively engaged in our organisations through social media, other avenues should be explored such as through email and sms notification. As such, a more formal ‘membership’ for youth should be explored, which would form the foundations of the Yo Goa! Card.
1. Introduce a new card that will act as a means of formalising ‘membership’ of the GOA NSW Youth and be used to track attendance at functions.
2. This card will act as incentive for the Goan Youth to attend events organised by both the Executive and Youth Committees as well providing recognition for both attendance and participation.
3. To ideally have the card designed by a Goan Youth
4. To eventually implement a mobile app that furthers the features of the Yo Goa! Card
Features of the card: [Please use this as a background for what you are making]
· Name of Card:
o Yo GOA! card – Youth of GOA Card
o Yo GOA NSW card – Youth of GOA NSW Card
· Front of card:
o ‘Goa-type setting’ superimposed with people enjoying themselves similar to image below.
o 10 spots of stamps to be received.
o A link to the facebook page.
· Back of card:
o T&Cs of card.
o Key dates of events of cards, ideally not limited to youth functions.
· Each card will have a unique number to identify a youth and be stamped at each event.
· Proposed distribution of stamps:
o Free events / gold coin donations – 1 stamp
o Youth events – 1 stamp
o Dances (Christmas, anniversary, youth anniversary), SFX – 2 stamps
o Rewards / incentives: e.g. first paid for each dances / book a group table for a dance (10 people) where each person gets a stamp, contribution to a youth or Excom event e.g. involved in a dance or musical performance, stayed back at the end to clean-up the hall. (Rewards capped at 2/3 stamps per year)
o An example of how a youth may earn 10 stamps in 1 year:
§ Attends a Christmas dance and Youth anniversary dance (4 stamps)
§ Attends the feast of SFX (2 stamps)
§ Attends two youth events throughout the year (2 stamps)
§ Stays back to clean the hall (1 stamp)
§ Involved in a dance performance (1 stamp)
· Ideally, we would like our youth to complete their stamps on their Yo Goa! Card in a one year period. They would then submit their completed card to confirm that all stamps have been fairly rewarded (as per our database which would reflect this). At the annual Youth anniversary dance, a prize could perhaps be given to the first person to complete their card e.g. 2 cinema vouchers. For all those that have completed their card, we would like to enter them into a draw to with 1 more substantial prize, for example a $100 visa gift card / Holiday Inn Voucher / or perhaps complementary entry for 1 to all dances in the next year.
o An alternative to a one-year lifespan of the card could be a 2 year period in which a youth has to complete their 10 stamps before all stamps become void. This means those that miss out on submitting their card for the prize draw at the 2017 Goa NSW Youth anniversary dance can enter their Yo Goa! Card for the draw at the 2018 dance.
o Subsequently, new cards will be issued bi-annually or when a Yo Goa! Card is completed (with a limit of 1 per year). Colours can be used to distinguish cards from different years e.g. 2016/2017 Blue, 2017/2018 Green, 2018/2019 Red.
Visit for more info Mobile App Developer
Tagged as: Mobile Developer
Overview We are looking for an experienced and ambitious App Developer to join our team. Responsibilities and Duties : Understand client requirements and...Apply For This Job
Overview We are expanding!! Yes you heard it right. We are seeking experienced Android Developers to join our team. Design...Apply For This Job
Overview Job Requirements:- – Design and build advanced applications for the Android and iOS platform – Responsible for mobile app development in the...Apply For This Job
Overview Diet Code, Goa, is seeking: Junior iOS Developer to work on our exciting mobile&web products and services. You will...Apply For This Job
Overview Proven work experience as a Mobile developer. Demonstrable portfolio of released applications on the Apple store or the Android...Apply For This Job