Creative Academic Writer
Job Responsibilities :
– Produce creative scripts for explained videos or interactive lessons to teach Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics concepts to students in grades 6-12.
– Structure the language to ensure an exciting, engaging, and conversational script, while paying attention to grammar, factual accuracy, and narrative flow.
– Produce academically correct scripts using a custom authoring tool on our platform, while adhering to our brand and style guidelines and pedagogical method, within strict deadlines. Training in the use of the tool will be provided.
– Brainstorm regularly with the editorial team for new ideas and strategies to build effective and engaging content for the end-users
– Copy edit text-on-screen and question content for videos and interactive lessons.
– Adhere strictly to the defined style guide and policies for script publication.
– Proofread incidental text, titles, captions, etc. before publishing the final script.
– Identify, select, and leverage appropriate media assets (pictures, graphs, 3D assets, animations, etc.) and artwork to accompany scripts.
NOTE : The selection process for this role would be:
1. Online Tests :
a) Objective Test – The test is of 30 mins duration and will be based on the subject; Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Mathematics (any one subject freelance is proficient in)
b) Subject Matter Test – The aim of this test is to gauge your writing compatibility and it will be of 45 minutes duration.
2. Video interview with HOD :
– Also, it is an ongoing assignment where the Script Writer would be required to complete 10 scripts a week or 2 scripts a day which would go through a quality check process with the client which might involve iterations and will have to be approved by the team post the changes.
Skills Required :
– Candidate should have strong English writing skills and grasp of grammar, while also understanding how much the rules can be relaxed for spoken language, and how to edit for a fun conversational style while writing.
– Candidate should have a strong command of MS Office Suite and Google Docs.
– Experience with a Content Management System or other authoring tools would be an added advantage.
– Experience in using interactive tools for teaching mathematics and science is an added advantage.
– Experience reviewing academic content for children, or any other work with non-fiction, textbooks, or academic content, is a plus.
Visit for more info Flexing IT Services
Tagged as: MEDIA COMMUNICATIONS AND WRITING